Mouse in the House background

Monday, June 20, 2011

Vintage patriotic image for July 4th


I decided to post this patriotic illustration now instead of waiting until July 4th, in case any of you like to make Independence Day cards. This lovely image is from the Standard Bible Story Reader, Book One, published in 1925. This sweet little book credits two illustrators: O.A. Stemler and Bess Bruce Cleaveland. I'm guessing this unsigned illustration is from Cleaveland, based on others that were signed by her, but I'm not positive.

Enjoy the holiday!

3 comments:

ScrappnBee said...

How totally adorable! Love it! Thaks so much for sharing!

elaine said...

This is so cute. I'm looking forward to making some greeting cards using it. Thank you and thanks for sending it early, too.

Anonymous said...

The pattern little girl's dress reminds me Mary Engelbreit's flowers. Thank you!
Sylvie