Mouse in the House background

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Vintage images for Father's Day

Searching for masculine vintage images to use on Father's Day cards or projects, I was surprised to discover that most ads in my vintage magazines were directed at women.  The bicycle, boat and electric train ads below were exceptions.  My favorite "Father" images are these, from a 1937 reader called "At Work and Play."




Ads below are from an 1897 edition of The Cosmopolitan magazine.





If you make a Father's Day card using any of these images, please send us a link or a photo!  Happy Father's Day.



3 comments:

ScrappnBee said...

Love these images! They are a real find. Too cool! Thanks for sharing!

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad you like them! Thanks for visiting -- and thanks so much for your comment!

Tricia said...

These are great images - Thanks for posting! I am new to your blog and I love it! You are so generous to post these pieces of ephemera! Are you ever going to post pictures of your own creations? I would love to see some of the things you have made! Blessings!
Tricia