Mouse in the House background

Monday, April 25, 2011

Vintage bridge tallies

Bridge was a BIG part of my parents' social life when they were young. My 81-year-old mother still plays bridge at least once a week. I'm always on the lookout for bridge-related ephemera, and I recently found a wonderful collection of bridge tallies at my favorite flea market.  


From the front, you'd think the diecut dog and cat below were vintage baby gift tags or children's birthday party invitations, but the backs show a tally of scores from a bridge game played (by adults, presumably) in 1929.  





These next bridge items are quite different.  Below are covers of bridge score books, this time with an Arabian Nights flavor.  A popular new edition of Arabian Nights was published in 1932, so I'm thinking these score books may be from the 1930s.



If anyone would like the book covers cropped to remove the outer border, let me know.  I figure most people have art programs they can use for cropping, but if not, I will be glad to post cropped versions.

As always, you can click on the images to enlarge them, then right-click to save them to your computer. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Beverly Sager said...

Love the Arabian versions - thanks for sharing!

rosebudinnh said...

love all the wonderful graphics your sharing.........The cat and dog are so cute.
Thank you Rose