Mouse in the House background

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Typography and children's invitations


Title page from vintage German sheet music.  I wonder if it is hand calligraphy or actual typography.




Adorable vintage party invitation with illustration by Florence Nosworthy (1872-1936). She was a prominent illustrator in the early 1900s.
  


Sweet vintage diecut greeting card from the early 1900s.  

A hint about printing downloaded vintage ephemera:  If you print ivory or other light colored paper instead of white, the copy looks more authentic. 

More ephemera coming soon!  I've been busy scanning. 

4 comments:

Linda Jo said...

These are precious. Thank you for sharing. I find it helpful to save images with the name of the blog where I got it. You might consider titling the images with colcandy or such in the title so when we save them and then use them later we can remember where we got them from. Otherwise I tend to forget and I just hate when I can't remember whom to credit with some wonderful image.

diane.ca said...

Thank you for these greeting cards, so nice of you to share.

Julie said...

I saw your note over at the Altered Books Yahoo group, and just had to nip over and take a peek...

These are lovely! Thanks so much for your diligence in making them available!

Holly's Hobbies said...

That Birthday Greetings is adorable!