Mouse in the House background

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

1960s teenage girl

Spring cleaning can be a drag, but when cleaning makes you find interesting ephemera and long-lost items, the process is worth it! Today's vintage image is from a 1960s scrapbook I found in a  box of old papers. Remember those albums with the brittle black construction-paper-like pages?  This image was printed on a full-page sized envelope for unfiled photos.


Illustration from a 1960s scrapbook
I was a teenager in the last half of the 1960s, and I think the image looks more like the 1950s. The girl's hairstyle was definitely before my time, but I did have a similar record player and charm bracelet. Also by the '60s, teenage girls favored pink Princess phones (remember those?) instead of the heavy black desktop phones like the one in the drawing.  


In the next few days, I'll be posting many more vintage images unearthed in the Spring cleaning process!  I've found quite a few ephemera treasures to share with you!


Happy Spring!


Bonnie

3 comments:

Kat said...

This picture is awesome! I pinned it so I can remember to use it on my mom's scrapbook pages when I get to them (lol). She was a teenager in the late mid-late 50's and she'll love this! Thank you so much for sharing it!

Bonnie said...

Perfect! I'm so glad you can use it, Kat. Thanks for commenting.

Linda Jo said...

Awesome! I graduated from high school in l967 and I had a blue princess phone!